Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Faux finish dictionary. Funny stuff

So we live in the Nashville, Tennessee area. I thought it might be appropriate in the spirit of songwriting and punnyness to do a short series of terms that we have come up with that have the word "faux" in them. With the industry having such a stuffy reputation (not everyone, just some) this will give us permission to let our hair down and have some fun with this. The first word is:

Fauxcuss (fow-cuss): The obscenities one blurts out when one falls short of the desired finish one wishes to achieve. Example: I tried and tried to mimick the 48-layered look that my client said she wanted on her 54 vaulted ceiling. Despite my efforts everything I did fell short of it. In fact I was so angry that I began to fauxcuss, and just let it fly. Now I feel much better.

If you have any puns you'd like to share it would be great! Feel free to send them to me and we'll get them posted.

No comments: