Thursday, October 1, 2009

On my days off

Today is a "day off". But if you are a small business owner then you know that "days off" come very rarely. We do schedule times when we abandon the phones and laptops. Weekends are also usually somewhat sacred ground. The thing is though that on a "day off" there are so many other things to do besides the work. My favorite duty is to do marketing. Today I am calling people in our database I've gotten bids out to but haven't been in direct contact with for a while. On my next "day off" I think I'll go by some of our referral partners' places and try to stir up some leads. Remember. If you want your biz to grow and you want to keep busy then treat your "days off" as an opportunity to redirect your energies and attention and make something else happen.

No comments: